Most of us are familiar with diet powerhouse programs like Jenny-Craig, Weight Watchers, and Slim Fast.
Let me introduce you to the Food Rotation Diet….
The Food Rotation Diet is not a fad diet or a diet that you can fall off the wagon and just get back on the next week.
When dealing with multiple, severe food allergies it’s often suggested that you go on a Food Rotation Diet.
According to food-allergy.org….
A rotation diet is a system of controlling food allergies by eating biologically related foods on the same day and then waiting at least four days before eating them again.
Purpose of the food rotation diet:
1. “help prevent the development of allergies to new foods”
2. “pick out allergies to foods for which you were not tested and may not have suspected were problems.”
3. “allows you to eat foods to which you have a mild or borderline allergy and which you might not tolerate if you ate them often”
At the beginning of the month, Sarah provided me with a list of foods she was ALLOWED TO EAT!
We are not just talking elimination of milk for lactose intolerance, we are talking about a LIMITED DIET of no more than 60 food items because her reactions to the items are severe.
Sarah ALSO provided me with a food rotation list.
Not only has severe allergies caused Sarah to eat limited foods, she is forced to rotate those foods every 4 days.
Sarah heads into a clinic and is given low-dose immunotherapy. (Low doses of allergens to stimulate and switch off the response to the antigen.)
What Sarah is vaccinated for….
Non-food related vaccinations:
- Histamine (to neutralize the histamine response)
- Summer Flower
- Summer Tree
- Summer Grass
- Rape pollen
- Mixed Moulds (in 3 different mixed sets, named D, E & F, covering a whole host of moulds)
- Dust mite
- Cigarette smoke
- Flu Vaccines (sort of works like a regular vaccine, but like the rest of the low-dose immunotherapy, it’s telling the nervous system not to respond to the antigen, rather than giving me the antibodies of the influenza virus as with a regular vaccine)
Food and drink related vaccinations:
- Chocolate (milk)
- Mixed beans (green, runner, broad)
- Capsicum (sweet pepper)
- Mixed herbs (Parsley, Thyme, Marjoram, Oregano)
- Lactobacillus Acidophilus (probiotic)
- Olive oil
- Rapeseed oil
- Fructose (extra protection for fruit, I don’t do well with fructose)
- Sweet potato
- Evian water
- Mint tea
- Sunflower seed and oil
- Organic dark chocolate
- Redbush/Rooibos tea
SO………………… I decided I WOULD ONLY EAT the foods that Sarah is cleared and vaccinated to eat. I am also participating in a modified food rotation diet.
Babe took me shopping on Saturday, ( Love you bug! Good looking out finding the jams!) and today is my first day on the diet. I will keep you posted and share my experience.
If you are interested here is my food rotation and restrictive diet I will follow for the next 7 days ( Sarah was kind to allow me to experience a 2 day food rotation on some foods.)
P.S. THOUGHTS ON DAY ONE…I went into a bit of a panic. I wanted to use tarter sauce on my fish, but I was afraid the tarter sauce didn’t fit under my restricted list. I didn’t want to press it, so I just used lemon instead.
*I am not advocating the clinic mentioned in this video. I used the video to help me understand low-dose immunotherapy.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hdwRQj1C4A