Step 1: Fill out the guest form
Please take the time to fill out your contact and bio information. This gives us an opportunity to get a better sense of who you are. Please be sure the bio is in 3rd person.
Step 2: Setup
You will need:
- A reliable Internet connection. ( Be sure you are not using a wifi connection. The best connection is a wired connection.)
- Skype Account
- USB headset or a microphone + headphones
- Quiet environment
- No mobile phones (this interferes with the audio settings)
Step 3: Getting Ready
- Be sure to add me as a friend on Skype at least a day before the show (my Skype name is: abledism).
- I will be calling you on skype, don’t worry about having to call me.
How the interview will work:
- I will call you from my skype account 5 minutes prior to the interview time via my skype user name: abledism
- The show is going to be recorded. The show will not be live so this gives me an opportunity to edit as needed.
- The show will be placed/featured on Abledis.com, Facebook, Twitter and may be fed into iTunes podcast directory.
- iPhone headphones are not an acceptable microphone. They work well for mobile calls, but they will provide too much feedback.
- Please don’t use profanity. The show will be shared with a variety of listeners in age, gender, background, and nationality. Let’s keep the message clean.
- Manually set the audio input and output with Skype (Preferences menu, Audio options) to the USB headset or microphone and headphones. Setting these in system preferences won’t affect Skype’s settings.
- Use a wired ethernet connection instead Wi-Fi. This will improve audio quality, as Skype downgrades your signal quality based on connection speed.
- Use a USB headset (like the Plantronics .Audio 655 USB Multimedia Headset) or a USB or XLR microphone. Using your computer’s built-in microphone is not an option ( sound quality will be poor and hard to pickup).
- Turn off your mobile phone. It will interfere with your audio and can ruin long segments of the broadcast.
- Taking about health issues and concerns is a very sensitive matter. If there is anything you are uncomfortable talking about please alert me ahead of time. I want to make this an educational and cathartic process for us all. I don’t want you to feel uneasy one bit.
Thank you so much for being part of the show. If you have any questions don’t hesitate to contact Marissa directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.